Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

100 Pounds Lost! Celebration Time!

I. DID. IT.  I've lost 100 pounds.  This was a major goal for me.  Not only am I 100 pounds lighter, but there's also another part that is important to me.   My BMI is now 34.7, which moves me from severely obese to just plain obese.  An "ideal" BMI is 25.  I've never been so happy to just be obese.  My beginning BMI was 50.8.  Click HERE for my preferred BMI calculator.  I like the way that the different BMI levels are broken down.

There are 3,500 calories in a pound.  I have resisted 350,000 calories!  My "standard" meal at McDonald's used to be a #2 (2 cheeseburgers+medium fries).  There are 980 calories in that meal.  I'll round up to 1,000 for mathematical purposes.  That's 350 meals that I've resisted.  Whoa.    


I have more work to do...but today I'm just plain happy.  Happy for a healthier me, grateful to family and friends (on and offline) that have followed my journey.  You guys have cheered me on when I did great, and provided supportive words and occasional kicks in the ass when I needed them.


and finally... THANK YOU, SAL! 

15 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So happy for you! You should be so proud of all your hard work and all those calories you resisted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
    I am so proud of you Amy!!!
    You totally ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you that is AMAZING!!!! Now buy something cute and go and show off that new you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo to the freakin' Hoooo! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rock star! Thats a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!!! Congratulations....keep going...you are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing!!! You should feel so proud of yourself! When do we get 100 lb down pics?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration!! Congrats on the 100 victory!! Need new updated pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing Amy!!!! You have worked very hard. What will you be doing to celebrate?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go, lady! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, my friend! You are fabulous !

    ReplyDelete