Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

I felt my port for the first time today!

Doctor's Office.  Couldn't think of a picture  that was exciting...
Got a .5cc fill this morning.  I've always tried to feel the port, but never could.  I pressed and pushed, but I was never able to feel it.  DUH!  Today when I was getting my fill, I asked about it and she told me to do a "crunch." She put my hand on my belly and when I did the crunch - WOW - I felt the bulge!  Pretty cool.  I never thought about doing the crunch to try to feel it.  She has me do the crunch at each fill.  Anyway, it was pretty interesting.

My mind is wandering today, but here are some brain bullets:

  • the third person that didn't know about my surgery or weight loss told me, "You've lost weight, I can tell in your face."  Awesome!  He didn't mention the fact that my boobs are deflating, but I'll take what I can get!
  • work has started on my Bob Ross Halloween costume!  So far I only have the afro wig.
  • my newest food discovery:  powdered peanut butter + light Cool Whip.  Oh YUM.
  • tomorrow is my first trip to the movies since surgery.  Resist.Popcorn.It.Is.Not.Band.Friendly.
  • Aunt Flo is visiting.  I hope she makes her departure soon, I'm tired of retaining water like some sort of freakish sponge.
That's all for today - really trying to get back into blogging on a daily basis, but the emotional funk is still around.  Doing my best! :)   Thank you for reading and commenting, you guys are all a wonderful source of support!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, sweetie! :) And PB2+Cool Whip? That sounds... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think emotional funk is a byproduct of all the changes going on im our lives sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. been missing your posts...glad you are back. love the idea of the PB2 and cool whip. I have only used it in recipes, shakes and w/ greek yogurt. hope all is well

    ReplyDelete