Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Goodbye Morbid Obesity

Well folks, I have good news.  I've now met my short term goal of a 75 pound weight loss.  Actually, I've lot 78 pounds as of this morning.  I had really wanted to be at -75 on December 1st, but that didn't happen.  I've decided that I'm done making short term goals.  I'm just going to be happy with the weight loss that happens, watch my food and exercise levels, and just "be."  I'm still trying to learn how to live like a "normal" person and not micromanage all of this weight loss crap.


Beginning Weight (end of June 2011): 315 lbs
Current Weight: 237


Beginning BMI: 50.8
Current BMI: 38.2
BMI Loss of 12.6!
That means I'm no longer morbidly obese, I'm severely obese.  Sounds stupid, but it is a move in the right direction. I'll take any victory that I can get.  BMI Calculator


I'm my worst critic.  I need to tone things down a bit - some days I might log my food, some days I might not.   I'm not going to force myself to do it anymore.  Food/weight loss is on my mind all day long.  ALL DAY.  Like a crack addict, I'm always wondering when I'll get my fix.  My body is changing on the outside, but there are still a lot of inside issues to sort out --- do they make a Lap Band for that?  To stop the negative food thoughts?


Anyway, today I'm happy for the weight loss.  I've worked hard for it.  I will continue to work hard for it.  Why?  Because I deserve it.



11 comments:

  1. You have worked very hard and you deserve it!! I am so proud of you Amy!! You truly are an inspiration to me. Someday, our bands will probably not be on our minds ever minute as well as ever food choice etc. but right now its what helps us stay the course and learn how to adjust. I too have stopped logging everything but I still try to at least part of the week to keep me accountable. Congrats on the severely obese catagory, it just sounds better than Morbid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss! Sadly, the band doesn't work on the brain. That's the part we have to do and it's pretty hard some days, but we'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm an absolute calorie counting addict. i admire you for being able to cut free of it! i'm such a control freak i don't think i could now if i tried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your loss. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often said I wish they made a band for my brain. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! And good for you, foregoing making any weight-related goals. It truly comes in its own time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Amy!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!

    Yeah there is definitely a balance in it and not trading one addiction for another. Just keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome stats, my friend. I don't think about the band as much as I should (darn work getting in the way). Maybe our 2012 goal should be BALANCE :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on achieving a milestone! It it a huge step to change the classification of morbidly obese to severely obese. You are one step closer to your ultimate goal of living and being a healthier you! I am so very PROUD of you (and a little envious of your courage!) YOU ROCK, and quite frankly, you're an ALL STAR!

    ReplyDelete