Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Product Review - "Pure Protein" Protein Snack (gelatin stuff)

You may have seen my blog a few days ago HERE, when I discovered this new protein gelatin stuff.  Well, tonight I was short on my protein and decided to try one.  Here's the deal:

The positives:

  • there are 23 grams of protein in that little single serve cup! wowza!
  • only 100 cals, 2 carbs, 75 mg of sodium
The negatives:

  • cost!  only three single serve cups are $4-6 (see above for a link to get a $2 coupon)
  • contains artificial sweeteners
  • took me a long time to eat it because it was so sour
As for the taste....well....it tasted like I poured a packet of Fruit Punch flavored Crystal light in my mouth.  Or a handful of sour candy.  Or licking the bottom of the package from Sour Patch Kids....ok, you get the point.  Very sour, but it was edible.  When I finished it, the artificial sweetener aftertaste was so strong that I ate a fingertip of BBQ sauce just to clear my palate.  Tonight I tried the "Cherry Punch" flavor - I'll try the other flavor (tropical something or other) on different day.   Interesting concept.

3 comments:

  1. LOL ... you took me back to my childhood with the packet of Kool-aid in my mouth. I've been adding a Pure Protein (candy) bar when necessary. Always looking for them on sale ... otherwise - well, you know me - I'm frugal ~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to pass on trying these. Thanks for being the guinea pig though for all of the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete