Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Frugal Bandster

Coupons are my crack.  I'm not anything close to those ladies on Extreme Couponing, though.  I get one paper a week and I have a couple of favorite coupon sites that I visit to get ideas.  I love coupons for protein bars/shakes because I like trying new things.  Last week I scored Pure Protein bars for .46 cents each.  Clif Builder Bars (mint chocolate tastes like Thin Mints, I swear!) were also a coupon at Target.  Although they have multi-packs at Sams and the like, the packs don't have the mint chocolate in them.  I stocked up (see picture). I eat one protein bar each day for breakfast, so using this quantity in the next year (the expiration date) will be no problem at all.



Top drawer in fridge : Pure Protein (peanut butter) = YUM


Bottom drawer of fridge : Pure Protein Overflow and Clif Builder's Bars
Tonight's Trip:
Breathe Right Strips - I made 3 cents to buy this :)
Serenity pantiliners (ok, I don't have bladder issues, but they're pads, right?) - I made 76 cents to buy this!
Skinny Cow - each one was .22 after my coupons!  Hello chocolate brownie ice cream!!
Laughing Cow Wedges (chipotle queso is my favorite!!!) - $2.00 each after coupons
String Cheese - $2.93 after my coupon

Also....it was "Free Apparel Tuesday" at the Sears Outlet near my house.  Not every outlet carries apparel, so check out their facebook page for more info.  Anywho, the title says it all.  Take in a coupon each Tuesday (until the promo ends, which hasn't been announced yet) and you pick any piece of apparel for FREE.  No sales tax, nada, zero, free.  Tonight I scored a LAND'S END dark brown swimsuit for free.  It was marked $14 (a steal anyway) but for free....wowzas.  


6 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for following me, so glad to find you!
    I need to take advantage of coupons more often than I do. As far as all those bars, you are way more disciplined than I am, I can't have large quantities of anything candy like in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can you go shopping for me? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap !! I am a couponer too!!! Also not "extreme" but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you have some amazing deals, coupons are not done in Australia, at lest not in a big way. I think this is something we should get :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Vanessa... shop for me! :)

    ReplyDelete