Here's the nervous video I made while on the way there!
A first date on V-day? Yikes, talk about pressure!!! I met Philip on a dating website (not my preferred way, but what the heck?). We've been talking on the phone and decided to meet up tonight. When he initially asked me out, it was to Benihana. For those that don't know, it is an upscale (well, in my world it is upscale) restaurant that serves a lot of meat. Are you seeing the problem here? MEAT. I have a Lap Band. Being nervous or overly excited makes it constrict slightly....um...yeah. Hard to make conversation when you're chewing a piece of meat for 90 seconds. I politely talked my way out of Benihana and suggested Starbucks.
Starbucks went well, things were comfortable. He brought some roses for me (um, completely embarrassing in Starbucks...hehe). During our conversation, I began to feel super guilty about turning him down for Benihana. Anyway, I totally blabbed that I had a Lap Band. I had previously told him that I'd recently lost weight and was on the road to better health because we were discussing that he is working on bettering himself as well. I basically told him the truth, that I knew I'd be nervous and I wouldn't be able to eat as normally as I would've liked to.
You know what? He didn't care. Not a single bit. Not a question, judgement....nothing. I told him that I try to log my food at least a few days a week. And guess what?! He got out his cellphone and displayed everything he had consumed that day. Seriously. It was awesome. I had no idea. He even logged the two chocolate chip cookies he eat before meeting me. What a guy.
Following Starbucks we grabbed a light dinner at Rubios (kids meal quesadilla - I'm a cheap date!). Not a single problem. By this time it was about 8:45pm. We noticed the restaurant clearing out, but then when it hit 9:00, we still saw people so we figured out it must be open until 10. Dinner was great, conversation was great...then the Rubio's manager came over and told us that she really needed to lock up. Our jaws dropped. She let us sit there talking for 45 minutes after closing. We were in the back of the restaurant by ourselves and couldn't really see the front. She said, "Happy Valentine's Day, you two" - and after both Philip and I profusely apologized, we ended our date.
So...that's my evening. I promise no more date info...I just had to blog about my first date in 1 1/2 years and post band. I'm back in the saddle, girls and boys. And I like it. Yeeeeehaaaaawwwwwwww!!
Sounds like a very good evening!!! Good for you for being honest, I have found honesty to be the key...not always easy but always best!!! Congratulations on getting out there again and Woo Hoo for a great first date and Valentines Day!!;)
ReplyDeleteOh go ahead and blog the date stuff. It's all part of your new and improved self that you are developing.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you had a nice Valentine's Day :o) He sounds like a pretty nice guy.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! He sounds like a VERY nice guy and I love that you felt comfy enough to spill the beans. Keep blogging about dating, this is exciting new territory and goes hand in hand with our new bodies and lifestyles.
ReplyDeleteBring on the date info!! I've been with Hubby so long that I love hearing about other people's dating experiences. Sounds like a great first date!
ReplyDeleteWhy not anymore date info?!
ReplyDeleteGIRLLL!!!!!!!! yay! I am so happy you're back out there and confident and doin your THANG!! :)
ReplyDeleteMore date talk, please!
ReplyDeletemy dad reads my blog, folks! Hi Dad! Not that there's anything steamy to report, just...not saying much :)
ReplyDeleteOh my Amy K.! Sometimes things need encouragement to go in a direction. Be strong and carry on the torch! LOL
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you Miss Amy! If things continue to go well, you will just have to introduce me to Sir Philip. maybe we could double date...he he. I just watched your video today and am so glad you did not get murdered or something!!!
ReplyDeleteYay...glad you enjoyed your date!
ReplyDelete