Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Otis is not my friend. A blog about sagging skin.



91 pounds down.  I've decided to start dating after V-Day.


Here's my question...how am I supposed to feel good about myself when my body looks so terrible and saggy?  Within the last two months, things have gone south, literally.  My belly looks like a giant deflated balloon that has been rolled over by a truck several times.  I've named my belly Otis.


With clothes (spanx) on, I look fairly normal, just very chunky.  Clothes off and I look....well...terrible.  Who's going to find THIS sexy?  I take off my pants and this mystery monster of blubber (Otis) appears like a scene from a horror movie.  When I'm walking/working out/moving in general, Otis keeps moving even when I've stopped.  Ugh.


So here's my question for the veteran bandsters.  If you were single when you got banded, how did you approach dating?  I could care less if he knows about the surgery, but how/when do I reveal Otis?  I can cover up my arms fairly easily but Otis is difficult to hide.  Otis makes finding pants that fit appropriately a true challenge.  This morning the thought of wrapping duct tape under and all the way Otis to hold him in entered my mind.  Of course I wouldn't do that - but the thoughts are getting crazy.  If you had a partner at the time of surgery, how did/do they react to the body changes?


I have a feeling that Otis will be surgically removed once the WLS is over (quite a while out).  I never thought I'd need plastic surgery, but damn you, Otis.  Damn you!  No amount of exercise is going to make you go away.  BAH!

6 comments:

  1. To hell with OTIS!! ha! Love that you named it...I think i need a name for mine....melvin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry honey....we all deal with this at one time or another...you ARE beautiful - someone is out there for you who can see that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. I thought that I had dodged the Otis bullet, but alas no such luck. I also cannot imagine trying to date post-WLS. I was so lucky that my Hubs and I have done this together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh girl, I am so sad for you... that must be such a hard thing to deal with, I am sending you BOOBS hugs as we speak :)

    Just know that "the one" won't care about Otis or any of his family members, when he looks at you he will see Barbie's twin sister and that's all that should matter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl... I have gross loose skin and my boyfriend pretends not to notice. LOL He knows I've had children and lost alot of weight, so he probably expected the fallout in the belly region. There are good men out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't started dating since I've had lap-band but that does make me a little nervous. I just hope to find a guy that will love me for me and not care and if he does, then he is obviously not the right one for me!

    ReplyDelete