I was discussing ring resizing with the sales lady at Jared (Mr. X bought me a "Just Because" ring, but that's a whole 'nother blog). I explained that I was still losing weight and that I would need it to be resized at least a few more times.
Lady: "Oh wow, that's great that you're losing weight. How are you doing it?"
Me: "Watching what I eat and exercising."
Lady: "My sister had one of "those" surgeries (she points to her belly), you know....a Lap Band."
Me: "Oh?"
Lady: "Yeah. She only lost 10 pounds and she throws up after she eats almost everything."
SIGH. I really wanted to grab her hand, push down on my port, and say, "TELL YOUR SISTER TO CALL ME 'CUZ SOMETHING AIN'T RIGHT!"
Whew. I feel better. Just had to get that out.

I am sure her sister appreciates the 'support'
ReplyDeleteUmm - I wanna hear about the "just because" ring ;) ;) ;)
ReplyDeleteHorrible... but I have heard similar stories, and now Carnie Wilson thinking that the LapBand will help her lose weight... Watching what you eat and exercising helps you lose weight, the lapband helps you eat less and be satisfied with less food... It is now a Magic Wand.
ReplyDeleteIt is for that reason that I don't tell people anything about my band. Also, I wanna know about the ring!
ReplyDelete