Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Farewell Lane Bryant

Dear Lane Bryant,
I just wanted to write to let you know how sad I am to stop shopping at your outlet store.  You see, when I was a size 28, your store was my refuge.  No one looked at me like a fat girl.  No one judged me, no one glared.  I knew that when I found something cute on display that your store would have my size.  


I remember my fist visit there post op.  I got some workout pants and new bras.  No one told me that my boobs would head for the highway after WLS.  Whoops.  Your lovely sales associate helped me for two, yes, TWO hours trying to find a comfortable bra that would fit me.  That's some dedication right there.


Today was my last visit.  I got 5 pair of 14/16 black granny panties (sorry, but I need as much covered as possible right now) and a shirt.  I also saw the most beautiful dress, but the smallest size was a 20.  Irony.   Oh, can't forget the spanx shapewear, baby.  I bought one more pair of 14/16 bike short things that don't allow nearly enough breathing room for the lady downstairs, if you know what I mean.  


Goodbye, Lane Bryant...and thanks for the cute clothes.  If you need to speak to me, you can find me in the regular women's department of any retail store.  I'll be there for a while -- there are so many cute things that I've always missed out on.


Sincerely,
Amy

16 comments:

  1. You're out for good!! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving LB behind is an awesome feeling. Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving LB behind is an awesome feeling. Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG congrats!!! I can't wait to write my goodbye letter to LB!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this was meant for humor but am I weird in that it made me emotional?! lol Cause all I can think of is the day I look forward to being able to say the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not weird at all - it WAS emotional! :) Strange, kind of like saying goodbye to a friend before they moved away.

      Delete
  6. Yea, no more LB!! When I was up in Reno this weekend I went to an outlet store with my Niece and she said "You probably need the misses section now, not the plus size right?" It was a total reality check that its obvious now...it takes some getting used too... great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the day it happened to me! It was amazing, and emotional! Interesting isn't it that sometimes it is hard to find your size no matter how small? I always thought it was just because I needed big sizes. Not the case. :D Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Congrats!!! I remember the day I said fare the well to the ladies at LB ~ I even went into the store and told them good by! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love LB but will look forward to shopping at someplace like old navy ...... I've always wanted some sweats from there

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! Farewell, thanks for the support (literally) and best wishes to Lane Bryant from you :)

    ReplyDelete