I had some real life drama yesterday and was having a difficult time emotionally today. Long story short, Mr. X and I split. I really don't want to go into details, but that's what happened. I decided to cheer myself up by seeing, "Magic Mike." I didn't want to be around friends, but I knew I needed to get out of the house or I'd keep feeling down.
Fast forward to Magic Mike. I'm seated, and three very pretty sorority-like ladies sat down in the seats next to me. I made a joke to the one sitting next to me that we needed 3D glasses. We got to chatting and I told her about my drama last night. Not really specifics, just that I was sad and needed a good stripper movie.
Fast forward to the end of the movie. The check came (this was a dinner/movie place), and on my check were three words that made my eyes well up with tears. "Thank Your Friend!" She paid for my dinner! I turned to her, jaw dropped, and she said, "It was me. Girlfriends gotta help each other out." I couldn't believe it. I gave her a big hug and tons of thank yous. I was just speechless. Crying and speechless.
I drove home, still feeling empty inside, but refreshed to know that there are still wonderful people in this world.
What a great story. I'm sorry about your break-up, but sometimes you know it's the right thing to do. Hope you're feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is really neat, considering all that has happened since you texted me. I am glad those girls were able to cheer you up, not that a little "Magic Mike" didn't help as well!! You will have to fill me in on the details....
ReplyDeleteOh wow. How super duper sweet and awesome. Great story. Some people ROCK. Sorry about your relationship.
ReplyDeleteThanks that's wonderful to hear there are kind people out there! Thanks for your comments on my blog! I love studio movie grill too! The one in Scottsdale is super close to my house! Looking forward to getting to know you more! Keep your chin up I'm sorry about your split.
ReplyDeleteits reasons like this i still have faith in humanity
ReplyDeleteSaying hello for the first time, Amy, and letting you know that I just separated too, so feel free to reach out to chat if you'd like. My blog is "approved readers only" for privacy but I'd be glad to add you with your email address. Take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteI would love to follow your blog :) lifeisjustbeginning2011@yahoo.com
DeleteThat is amazing! Sorry Boo! Went to see Magic Mike myself last night to cheer up my sister.
ReplyDeleteAwww - that is a great story. LOVE IT. I'm sorry you are hurting honey...
ReplyDeletethanks for the comment girl - and big hugs to you.... just remember everything happens for a reason... that's what keeps me going. that little faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing... xoxo
ReplyDeleteHow brilliant. Random acts of kindness are healing to the souls of everyone involved. I am so glad someone was able to brighten your day. xx
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about you and Mr. X... but I love the story about your new friend. I think Jim said it best, people like that restore my faith in humanity as well. <3
ReplyDeleteKindness of strangers, it really is the best thing going, sorry to hear you are going through a break up!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about you and Mr. X but was so happy that someone was able to make your night a little better!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about Mr. X. Funny how someone, even a stranger is there to help pick us up when we are down.
ReplyDeleteMr. X's will come and go (and I'm sorry) but to have such a great kindness of strangers story to tell is just wonderful. You look so great, girl !
ReplyDeleteAww...I love this! Sorry about the split!
ReplyDelete