Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why is my band so tight? Heat?

Alrighty.  Something's up.  My last fill (.10) was a month ago.  Things were fine until last week.  I noticed that I couldn't eat as much at a time and I could actually feel food "bubbling" down.  No reflux or other slippage signs, just a tight band.  I called the doc today, thinking that maybe because the heat has really cranked up (like 113 degrees, specifically), that it would somehow effect the band.  I was told to make sure I was well hydrated, and that, no, heat shouldn't effect it.

I think that's a crock.  It HAS to be the heat.  A girl can only drink SO MUCH.  I mean, come on....half of my body weight is 106 oz per day (not taking into account that I live in the friggin desert).  I'm thinking like 150 oz or so is where I should be...and folks, I CANNOT DRINK THAT MUCH!!  Sip sip sip.  Sip sip sip.  All friggin day long.  I throw in a G2.  Sip sip sip.

I'm venting.  I need some support here.  Has anyone heard of the band becoming tighter with higher temperatures (or increases of say, 10 degrees in a week?).  I'm going to look around in the net, but in the meantime, someone please tell me that I'm not looney tunes here.  This is really my first "summer" with the band, as I was banded in July of last year.

I have an appointment next week and if this isn't better, I'm going to have some fluid removed.  Meanwhile, I'm writing down what is happening each day (PBing, burping after only 1 small bite, etc).  This thing is snugsville, and it sucks!  I know there aren't any issues (was just imaged a month ago), but dang.  Someone? Anyone?

7 comments:

  1. oh boy Amy....I am probably the worst one to chime in right now......but, even if it's the weather...don't let your band be too tight.

    I have had issues since FEBRUARY when my fill was too aggressive. Please just go get some of it taken out. Right now, as I worry about slippage or erosion or some other "band Hell," I don't want anyone else to go down that road with me. I am glad your imaging went well!!!!

    are you burping for hours at a time after one or two bites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what G2 is but have you tried adding some sort of electrolyte mix to your drink. Helps to replenish the minerals you loose sweating? I know when I was in Florida last year it really helped how I felt when I took them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heat and humidity can definitely affect your band - for me high humidity and really cold weather affect my band. Also, when I get fills I don't feel any major change for 2-3 weeks and depending on my cycle my band can feel tighter. Give it a few days and if it is still too tight, get a slight unfill. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The heat doesn't bother mine but it seems every summer, I hear of bandsters suddenly getting too tight so regardless of what you're doc says, I think it can affect it. Now it may means your body processes the water differently when it's hot, leading you to retain more water around your stomach, creating a "tightness", blah, blah, blah but yes, you sound too tight. As to whether to rush to get an unfill, as long as you can drink and get nourishment, it can probably wait. But if you're that miserable, I say go get your unfill pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, heat, stress, hormones, they all make my band wonky. Of course doctors are going to say no because most of them don't have the band.

    I think drinking more can cause the problems you are having too, but I'm not a doctor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been having the same issues for about a week as well..... I think it is the heat... I also have been having the bubbling down effect. Not cool. No - you are not crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel a littel pain all the time seems like gas pain but not beside I have the same effects you have, not sure If I need to have unfill or not.

    ReplyDelete