Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

NSV's from the past week....

I'm in a rainbow text mood today.  I blame Draz.  :)
  • I attended a Singles Happy Hour.  No, I'm not looking (yet), but I needed human interaction after my "the-relationship-is-over-and-so-is-my-life" phase.  I'm proud of myself for getting out and meeting new people.  It still hurts, but I know I made the right choice.
  • At that Happy Hour, a COMPLETE stranger and I were discussing health insurance.  She said, "You look young and healthy, you could go for a cheaper policy."  Wait.  What?  Did she just say I was healthy?  ME?  
  •  I joined a volunteer group!  I figure there can't be many selfless, mean people that volunteer, right?  Last night we played with children at a homeless shelter.  I got the pleasure of working with a toddler who discovered the joyful noises he could make when a bucket was over his head.  It was awesome. Squealing and laughing.  And he did, too.
  • I have a new job beginning in two weeks as a teacher's assistant in a classroom for children with Autism.  I'm taking a year off from teaching due to burnout.  I finally got into the school district that I live in, so this will hopefully open some doors for me for next year.  Many water aerobics classes at my gym start at 5:45 PM, which never allowed me to get home, let out my three dogs to eat dinner and potty, and make it there in time. 
  • Signed up for Boobs Chicago!  
  • Signed up for the Boobs Challenge!  My weight loss has slowed considerably, but having a group of like-minded ladies will help.  Earlier in the month, my all time low was 205.  I was 5 pounds from Onederland.  After the breakup, I gained 4 pounds and was back to 209.  I'm back to 207, which was where I started at the beginning of July.  A success for this month would be a zero gain.  Even if I'm the same, July really sucked in Amyland.  Wait, that a SV, not an NSV.  Whoops. I'll smack my own wrist.

4 comments:

  1. Where's my e-mail, woman? lol

    Good luck at the new job, and in the challenge... though I'll have to whoop your booty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah! you don't scare me :P and expect an email later today. I gots me some yoga to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how great of you to volunteer. I've always wanted to do big brothers/big sisters. actually went as far as to fill out the app once, but never continued with the process.

    Good for you for getting out! I am past the "I am single and my life is ending" stage, but not yet to the I want to go out and socialize stage... so I still just hang out with myself and mope. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that health insurance comment is SO exciting! And I'm glad you are meeting new people...that is something that scares me! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete