Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Smile in My Mailbox!

There are times that I feel totally alone in this battle.  There are times that I can't see the end.  There are times that I feel like no one understands how difficult this journey is.


Today I opened my mailbox and found a greeting card from a friend.  I couldn't figure out why.  It isn't my birthday, no one died ...  I'm not sick...hmmmm.  I opened the card to find the kindest, most thoughtful paragraph.

Amy,
I just wanted you to know how excited I am for you with your recent weight loss.  All the things you are doing to change your life are truly amazing and I am so happy for you.  I wanted to give you something really special to celebrate your first milestone at 50 pounds.  Here's a little something to go buy yourself something extra special. Enjoy! You deserve it!

Inside I found a gift card to Lane Bryant.  Reading some other blogs lately has opened my eyes to how important support is.  I don't need 25 friends that don't give a crap.  I need a few great friends that know how very hard I am working to become healthy again.  The most ironic thing is that the person that sent me the card has never struggled with being overweight.  I think it almost makes it more special.

9 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest. Yes, I am seeing in allll these blogs the importance of support. I "surround" myself with all of you and some family that are excited for me. Trying to avoid the negative folks. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, geez ... I'm tearing up over here :) I so agree ~ the amount of support and sharing on the i-net is incredible ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet and touching gift!! The unexpected ones are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift!! You are so right, you don't need friends who don't care...having a few friends who care very much does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great friend! And you are right.....ditch the 25 people who could care less about your journey and focus on the ones that love and support you! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great surprise!!! keep up all of the good work....you are seriously kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats an awesome letter and friend to send it too you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is so wonderful - how lucky you are to have a friend like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic, what a great friend! I wish I had some that were as supportive as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete