Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Forced Myself to Go to Yoga - and fell asleep ;)

It's no secret that I teach special ed to wee ones.  They're spunky and keep me on my toes.  Tonight I was so incredibly tired and just didn't want to go to the gym.  But I did.  Forty five minutes of Yoga (most of which I was able to do, unlike last week's two classes that had a lot of advanced stuff) and then 15 minutes of lights-off guided relaxation.


I think the toughest part was trying not to rip a huge one in a quiet room.  I was so focused on breathing when I was supposed to, how I was supposed to breathe, and trying not to fall over, fart, or all of the above, etc.  I also noticed that through the whole class my stomach was gurgling and I could tell that things around the band were kind of funky.  Not bad, just different.  Since the last fill, I've felt a lot more band action going on.


I'm starting to privately name people at the club.  Daisy (Duke) is named for her jean shorts.  Who in the heck  exercises in shorty shorts?  Daisy looks good in them, but they look so uncomfortable.  Pencil can stand on her shoulders in yoga.  It looks crazy.  She's very skinny and when she does the pose she looks like a pencil.  Thrifty is the lady in water aerobics that doesn't want to buy a cap to keep her hair dry so she uses a plastic grocery sack over her hair and ties it in the back.  Pogo bounces on and off her seat in spinning class.  Tonight I saw Pencil, Thrifty and Daisy.  I missed Pogo.


I liked the relaxation exercises.  Some were strange (relax your heart, relax your nasal passages(?!), relax your hair).  How do I relax my hair??  Anywho, I totally dozed off at the very end.  I "woke up" when people around me were talking.  Ha.  That's all for now.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the nick names for the people at the gym! The reason I don't go to yoga classes is because I am not matured enough not to crack up when someone rips one? Haha. Farts are still so funny....I wonder if I'll ever grow up? Please try and get a picture of thrifty in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's awesome. Love the nicknames. I would totally fall asleep during lights-off time, too. :)

    P.S. - If you ever DO find out how to relax your hair, will ya lemme know? I have some crazy strands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG seriously made me laugh at work. Me and my trainer used to nickname people at the gym too. Well I did and he laughed at me. Gives you something else to think about when you are close to death.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We MUST have a photo of Thrifty!

    ReplyDelete