Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

How a year has changed my favorite foods list!

Last year...my favorite food was pizza.  Well, really, anything with grease dripping off and attainable through a drive thru so I didn't have to move my lazy buns.  I know my way around Phoenix based on food joints.  Sad.


This year...my favorite foods are so different.  I mean, don't get me wrong, there are still days when I want to get fries at McDonald's and just suck on them for flavor.  I see a cake and want to slam my face down into it like some crazed lunatic.  How messed up is that?  <sigh>  


So here are some of my favorite foods (meals, snacks, etc)...not consumed on a daily basis, rather, replacements for foods that I overindulged in (in my pre-band life).



  • Trader Joe's Chicken Apple Sausage
  • Crockpot BBQ Beef w/Boneless Chuck Roast (don't forgot to add soda to moisten it!) 
  • PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter - sounds funky, but damn good.  Mix this crack into chocolate pudding and you have yummy!  I also like it mixed with Cool Whip.  The least expensive place I've found is Netrition.com.  There are small jars and 1 lb bags.
  • Baked Tostitos
  • Jolly Time Healthy Pop (Crispy White Naturally Flavored) - I have to be careful because popcorn is a major slider food.  I could eat buckets of it.  Sometimes I sprinkle a little parm cheese on it.
  • Clif Builder's Bar - mint chocolate.  20 g of protein and it tastes like a thin mint.  OMG.
  • Morningstar Crumbles - alone, it tastes funky to me since I'm a carnivore, but mix 50/50 with lean ground beef, and you'd never know there was fake meat in there.  Promise.  I mix this stuff up and freeze it in 3 oz portions.  
  • Cheese Sticks - any kind.  They're my "emergency" protein food.  I can keep one in my purse for hours.  
  • Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage 
What are your "must haves?"  Whether they're daily staples or special treats, what great products have you discovered along your journey?

6 comments:

  1. Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Latte Protein & Mango Protein Plus Shakes... I also love Lifetime Fitness Fastfuel Orange Cream. Gets me through those liquids only days and taste great! Fresh and Easy creamy cilantro salad dressing, a little goes a long way and tastes amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the boathouse farms... The hazelnut is my fav.

      Delete
  2. I shall let you know once I'm back on solid foods :) And though it's been 2 wks (Tues) that I haven't had real food..I do miss my mom's home made Czech food *authentic* yumminess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving Fage Greek yogurt and fruit any of them and a 1/4 cup of granola clusters. I get both the yogurt and granola from Costco...they travel easy and are quite filling... Theses 2 helped me get o ver the 2:30-4:30 I am starving time of day....I also love the Costco Priemium vanilla per-made protein shakes, I blend them with a 1/4 cup of any frozen fruit, 1/2 a banana and ice for breakfast or for a not so hungry dinner...those 3 things I can't live w/o... I always know as long as I have those in my frige I have a go to and no excuse for not being prepared and portioned

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got some PB2 and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, you always did have good go-to food ! Thanks for sharing your list !

    ReplyDelete