Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Bandiversary : A Year in Review



My 1 year Bandiversary is technically on July 1st, but my 1 year visit was today. I'm going to share a summary of what has happened in the last year.  Yes, I'm tooting my horn.  This is a way that I can collect information to go back to and read when I have difficult days.  It is also a way to show bandsters and folks considering the surgery what my experience has been like.  Later this week I'll blog a list of NSV's and new goals. 

Personal Stats
-Lost 105 lbs
-lost 2 1/2 inches off of my neck
-lost 10 1/2 inches off of my belly
-lowered LDL (bad cholesterol) from 146 to 116
-lowered BMI from 51.1 to 34
-normal blood pressure again!
-pant size decreased from 28 to 18 
-shirt size decreased from 3x to XL
-eliminated GERD and no more Prilosec! (took this for 11 years!)

The Lap Band
-had 14 Lap Band adjustments (I prefer very small adjustments)
-started with 4cc's in my 10cc band, now have 6.25cc's
-typical Lap Band patients lose 40-50% of their excess weight.  I'm at 63% and not stopping soon

My Blog
-had 8,824 visits to my blog
-have 69 blog followers (thanks!)
-have written 185 blogs
-681 comments on my blog posts
-the most popular blog was 4/26/12, Till Death Parts Us...Is The Lap Band Worth Risking Death?
-visitors to my blog were from the US, Russia, Japan, Canada, Germany, Australia, Brazil, UK, Malaysia, France (most to least)

Random
-joined a women's only gym and I actually GO!
-attended counseling to deal with self esteem issues that have arisen since losing weight
-purchased a used Wii Fit (and a bunch of accessories)




16 comments:

  1. Happy Bandiversary!! You are amazing!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bandiversary! You are kicking ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bandiversary Amy! You are a rockstar. 106 lbs.!!!! You proved them wrong and are doing what they say the band will not do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bandiversary---you are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bandiversary!! I knew our dates were close but I forget how close. Mine is Saturday!! I hope you do something fun to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing. You have done an amazing job in the last year. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous year and I see this year being even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY! You go girl!! These stats are amazing - so thrilled for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome year, Amy!

    By the way, I hate to ask this, because it's uber nosey... what has been happening with your gentleman friend, is he still around? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Mr. X is still around. I'll drop you a note on MFP since you're back to logging on there ;)

      Delete
  10. Your decision- and subsequent choices- to live a healthier lifestyle on your own terms takes ovaries!! I love you, Poxy! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! You are one of the many a very few that I look to for inspiration through all this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have come so far in 1 year. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Congrats on all of the progress that you have made. One thing I’ve found to be extremely helpful and useful as a supplement to my current diet/exercise plan is Fullbar (www.fullbar.com). Not only do their products help you lose weight, they also help you maintain your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete