Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Lab Results: Vitamins B12 and D

Although my B12 level was in the normal range, I've been taking a sublingual supplement daily for the last two months.  I haven't really noticed any change in the amount of energy that I have.  

I had a few labs done last week, and requested a B12 level. 

Ummmm...normal range is 211-946.  Amy's B12 level: 1820.  Oops. 

I guess I'm just overly efficient.  My little experiment with B12 is done.  I didn't see any changes in energy level, so I'm done with it.  All it really did was make expensive urine.  LOL

On the other hand, my Vitamin D level is finally in the NORMAL range!!  I don't have any record of it ever being normal (since the late 1990's).  I've been supplementing daily for quite a while, and finally have found a dose that gets me to where I need to be.


7 comments:

  1. Yay for vitamins! :) That reminds me...I've been meaning to do a vitamin VLOG(!) for awhile now. Hmmm... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny you posted this b/c I just had some blood work done and my B12 was through the roof as well, in the 1800s!!! I've been doing B12 shots for a while so looks like I can lay off them for now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, couldn't have said it better than adorkbl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is B12 one you can store in your body? Would it be worth seeing what it's like taking it every other day or one in 3? You may not have noticed the difference when you started taking it but I would bet you notice when you stop again. I was taking a really expensive skin hair and nail and as soon as I stopped I noticed the drop. Builds up too gradually to notice but drops off quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I go to the Dr. they are supposed to do labwork on me. I am very interested to see what my B12 levels are. This time last year mine was 57. Apparently (according to my hypertension specialist), if you take a PPI (Nexium, Protonix, etc) daily for acid reflux then your body can't naturally absorb B12. He said since I have to take a PPI for the rest of my life (due to Barrett's Esophagus) that I will probably have to always be on the shots. Also, he said if you have to have Nitrus Oxide (laughing gas) it can deplete you B12 reserves.

    So glad to hear all your levels are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well look at the money you will save?!

    ReplyDelete