It’s Friday so it’s time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! We answer a few questions in order to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Copy to your own blog if you wish and ENJOY!
Let’s do a little themed version of where you live and why!
1. Describe the structure you live in. (apartment, condo, house, mansion, cardboard box?)
House. I share it with two dogs that I love like my family. I have a 6 ft block wall, so I can walk around the backyard in the buck if I so choose. I love my freedom :)
2. Describe the city you live in. (population, main attractions)
Northwest Phoenix near Paradise Valley Mall. Phoenix is quite a melting pot. I work in Tempe, which, in traffic, is a 45 minute commute in the morning and 1 hr commute in the evening. I love the school district, which I why I drive so far.
Let’s do a little themed version of where you live and why!
1. Describe the structure you live in. (apartment, condo, house, mansion, cardboard box?)
House. I share it with two dogs that I love like my family. I have a 6 ft block wall, so I can walk around the backyard in the buck if I so choose. I love my freedom :)
2. Describe the city you live in. (population, main attractions)
Northwest Phoenix near Paradise Valley Mall. Phoenix is quite a melting pot. I work in Tempe, which, in traffic, is a 45 minute commute in the morning and 1 hr commute in the evening. I love the school district, which I why I drive so far.
3. Why do you live in the town you live in? (job, to get away from a different town, family, schools?)
My parents split. Mom moved to NY, Dad moved to AZ, and I was just shrugging my shoulders wondering why I was staying in St. Louis. I sold my condo and poof! - hello Phoenix. I lived in Scottsdale, Tempe and Glendale (all in 6 months!) before I decided where to live. I finished my M.Ed in 14 months while working full time.
4. What’s the view like from your backyard?
Hot tub, fruit trees (orange, grapefruit, apricot), palm trees in the neighbor's yard, a mountain if you're tall.
5. Repeat question: How has your week been in blogland and in real life?
I had a nice meeting with my school administration this morning and requested to move my class to a new room. Right now my K-1st graders (Special Education) share a room with two other classrooms (3-4 and 4-5). The noise level is high and I can't focus on what I need to do (not to mention the students!). So....after the first of the year, I'll have my own classroom. I'm very happy about that, but I'll miss being with the two other teachers. Also in real life, a dear friend had to put her dog to sleep this week, so we spent a lot of time on the phone in tears. She's a friend from St. Louis, and I knew her doggie very well. It makes me so sad to know she's hurting without him, but he had cancer and it was his time to go. Of course, it makes me think of my own dogs (ages 10 and 11 years), and the fact that they won't be around forever. <sniff> The weather has changed this week (huge drop in temp and pressure), which means one thing: headache. I've had one for 3 days straight. Tylenol doesn't do any good, so I don't bother, but it isn't quite a migraine where I need to pull out the big guns and be a zombie. I'm just toughing through it, but dang, I plan on relaxing this weekend and not thinking about how much work it will be to move everything in the classroom. Also, I'm down 72 pounds, 3 more until my mini goal of 75 lbs lost.

Way to go on the loss...sorry about your friend's pet..how sad. Ugh and I get migraines EVERY time the weather changes too! Feel better.
ReplyDeleteI would love to live where I could have fruit trees. You are back to rocking the band ! Me? Meh, not so much :( Have a great weekend !
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your friends dog, pets are like family. Glad to hear you are working the band and despite everything going on around you keeping on the path!
ReplyDeleteIm sorry to hear about you friends dog and you not feeling well. You stllndid do great great work getting closer to your mini goak.
ReplyDeleteAww, I'm sorry about the loss of your friend's dog... I know it's hard.
ReplyDeleteBut that's awesome about your weight loss, and I think I should come live with you and get me some fresh fruit every morning. :)
Hey you, so sorry to hear about your friend's dog that is always so hard. I have a wonderful cure for Migranes that is all natural, remind me to let you try it sometime. Lets get together before Christmas I have more clothes for you. Congrats on your weight loss, you are a true inspiration to me.
ReplyDelete