I found a private gym that's a few miles from my house. It is for women only. How cool is that? It is small (nothing even close to LA Fitness or the like), people know each other, and lastly...quite a few are geriatric. Not that I have anything against the geriatric population....but there were quite a few tonight. Maybe the non-geriatrics are in the land exercise area? Surely Mildred is not on the elliptical, or is she?
Age aside, I really like the place. I pay $30/month with no contract. They even knocked $5 off the monthly fee because I'm a teacher. My monthly dues cover everything - any class (land or water), as often as I want. Way cool. Nobody walks around nude because there are private showers and separate dressing stalls. Even cooler. I can't stand the geriatrics that prance around with saggy boobs. Not that my boobs look any better at this point....but...I digress.
Tonight I did a 1 hour aqua aerobics class followed by 1 1/2 hours of water volleyball. Once
Joking aside, I really like the place a lot. Even better, I found a new swimsuit today for $25 that has a little tiny half skirt (not a full one). I've never wanted a skirted suit, but now that my body stops jiggling 5 minutes after I actually stop, I needed something. Better yet - it was a size
All in all, a good day. Joined the gym, found rockin swimsuit, met some nice geriatrics. I hope my swimsuit is dry by the morning because I'm hitting another class at 9:30 AM on my last weekday off.
Mildred is expecting me.


Great job in finding a gym that you like...I always liked the women only gyms better and now they aren't easy to find...
ReplyDeleteThere we go......that's the Amy who 's posts I have missed. You sound like you have found a great fit for your need to exercise! Good for you lady!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletesounds like a great gym!! i love old people, they have the best sense of humor and perspectives on life. :)
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!! Never had a chance to tell you how incredibly happy and excited I am for you that you are well past 75 lbs lost! That's an amazing accomplishment and I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteNice! I love lady-only gyms. :)
ReplyDeleteOT: whenever I type in your blog's address, I get the song, "We've only just begun..." stuck in my head.
Goodness, Amy you inspire me! I cannot tell you how absolutely proud of you I am. You should always remember- only you can make you happy. If a man comes along, great, but ONLY YOU CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY! If you enjoy the class and the company, you have found another part of you that makes you happy. If you are happier with your body and your self, then you have made YOURSELF happy. If a man notices, then that is why. People gravitate to happy people, not to people who are struggling and unhappy. I can only offer you a huge hug and wish you all the best. You are my hero. :) <3<3
ReplyDelete