Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

My "You Need More Protein" Kick! Shopping trip!


Today I took advantage of some good deals to make sure that I have what I need to get more protein in my diet.  I started off at Target, where I found Pure Protein bars (the 20g of protein size) - $5.26 for a box of six, BUT, there was a bonus bar in each box AND I had two $1 off coupons, so my total before tax was $19.04 for 28 bars.  68 cents a bar - not too shabby!  I really like these bars a lot (Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor).

I also used my two $2 off of the funky protein gelatin stuff that I saw yesterday at the nutrition store.  100 calories, very few carbs, and 20g of protein.  Seems like a nice way to get more protein in without more calories/carbs/etc.

The small bags of protein bites (20g in each bag) were purchased with my "Buy One Get One Free" coupon from Target.com.  $1 per bag wasn't too bad.

I did well with my first day on the protein kick - my goal has been 60-80g a day, but today I rocked the nutrition world with a whopping 97g of protein.

2 comments: