Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

'Twas The Night Before Christmas....

Twas the night before Christmas (a la Amy) ;)

And all through the house
My life has been changed

I now eat like a mouse.



My portions are small
I don't eat like a dragon

I must work hard 
To stay in the wagon.

I'll focus on me
And nobody else
'Cuz in the end
I must love myself.

It's frustrating and hard
And often I cry
But I said farewell
To crappy food choices last July.

I'd tried all I could
But just couldn't do it
I'd gotten to the point
When I said, "Just screw it."

Food was my love
Never let me down
It cheered me up
When my face had a frown.

I now have a tool
To help me lose weight
I want to be healthy
Now wouldn't that be great?


No more Velveeta, Doritos, or Mac n Cheese,
I no longer eat them,
Don't offer them, please.


I'd be lying if I said that I enjoy eating soy,
But it's part of my life, 


Food no longer equals joy.

I now think twice
When I pick up a fry
Do I really need it?
No.  I'm too young to die.

I wouldn't be successful without family near,
Or online friends, that celebrate my cheer
Without your support, 
I'd have never lost
80 pounds this year
Holy cow, a bridge I have crossed.

Merry Christmas, I say,
There's no turning back
Not even a nibble, not even a snack
There are no loopholes, not an inch of slack
Thanks for listening
To all of my yak.


7 comments:

  1. Love it and the 80 lbs. That are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great!! Love this!! Sounds like you are doing awesome!!! xoxo Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome poem! I'm so, so happy for you Amy--I know it's a tough road but you're blazing an amazing trail for yourself. Keep on going girl, and know you've got a wide net of folks here to support you and cheer you on :)

    ReplyDelete