Before My Lap Band
After My Lap Band
Yep - I can still occasionally eat thin crust pizza. This was a Red Baron pepperoni pizza. I removed half of the pepperoni and put it in the freezer for another dish. I added turkey sausage for some more flavor. I much prefer making my own, but sometimes I'll spring for a frozen one.

This would apply to me as well. My pizza option is totally limited to thin crust also. I have to say that is one of the biggest things I love about my band. I still allow myself to enjoy foods that I like, but I am only having One serving of it instead of all of it. And it's also why I get frustrated with Banders who beat themselves up for having 1 slice of pizza (or something similar) I just wanna scream "You only had 1 slice - you had 1 serving!!! How much would you have had pre-band???"
ReplyDeleteYep...I plan my day ahead (most of the time) so there's no guilt. If I plan on dining out (not often) or having something special, I'll choose different things to eat during the other part of the day. There are many foods that I know I just cannot have in the house, or I'll eat the entire thing. Those slider foods are dangerous!
DeleteI had one frozen soft pretzel (so much smaller than mall bought) for dinner last night. I could've eaten all 6 in the package preband. Gotta love it!
ReplyDeleteoh lawdy....soft pretzels were one of my favorite foods...can't eat them anymore. I just about fall over when I smell Auntie Anne's at the mall! LOL Isn't it strange how we're each so different with the band? There's no rhyme or reason as to what will work and what won't.
DeleteI can eat any kind of pizza: thick, thin, stuffed crust, deep dish.
ReplyDeleteProud of you for only eating two pieces! I would have totally eaten the whole thing. Frozen pizza is kind of my crack.
I love that we can still enjoy a little of the things we love. Tin base and two slices is my limit too.
ReplyDeleteI can eat pizza with no trouble and it's one of those things that I can't say no to so I try to avoid it whenever possible.
ReplyDeletegood for you that you were able to back away from the pizza and not eat the whole thing. I will miss seeing you Thursday night, we are getting our carpet replaced Friday and I have to help my hubby move our entire house of furniture, yuk.
ReplyDeleteoh pizza how I love thee!! I am with Ronnie, pizza is SO my crack!! LOL
ReplyDelete