Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Slight Unfill

I've had a nasty head cold for a week and a half, and although it is much better this week, I'm still not able to eat normally.  I went in today and got .25 removed, so hopefully I'll be able to get back to more meats soon.  I went back and forth about getting an unfill.  On one hand, I feel a bit like a failure, but on the other, for gosh sake, Amy, it is an adjustable gastric band for a reason!  Frickin get it adjusted and quit being uncomfortable!


I'm also getting a referral to a psychologist to discuss the, "my body is ugly" feelings.  I really hate feeling so critical of myself, but the sagging belly is sooooo bothering me.  It is causing low back pain, clumsiness and generally making movement more difficult.  Hopefully I can work through some of the issues so that I can still enjoy weight loss and getting back into shape.  Why?  Cuz there's more work that needs to be done!  


Whew.  I feel better.  Today was rough.  Thanks for reading my rant.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on working on your inner demons :o) you have the right attitude!

    Ps just saw your last post, you have changed so much, so another congrats on your journey so far :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your photos from the last post! You have come so far! You should be proud! I totally get the inner demons thing, I am struggling with that right now and going to therapy for it. My understanding is that the WLS and weight loss is such a small part of the journey ....the major work is emotional. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would you feel like a failure for having your band being too tight, lady? It's great that you're recognizing this, most people don't... or think they can power through it. Great on you!

    Also, I've got the "I hate my body"s lately, too. Must be something in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I applaud you for being able recognize that you SHOULD be able to feel good about your body but just aren't and getting help for that. Most of us didn't get to needing bands because we have totally healthy body/food attitudes. However, too often we get wrapped up in getting the healthy body and forget about getting our brains healthy too. So, good job for taking that step!!!

    ReplyDelete