Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Nothing Says, "I'm Totally Into You," like your date hurling twice!

Updates, bullet style, I'm just in that kind of mood!
3D glasses --- with the giant fireplace reflecting in them.  


  • Mr. X and I have been on four dates total.  Things are going well.  I have no idea where this will lead, if anywhere, but I like the guy.  I guess it is mutual since Saturday's date was 12 hours long.  I'm trying not to think to too much about it.  When I do, I go batshit crazy.  Pardon the French.
  • The second date with Mr. X was a disaster.  I got the directions wrong and puked twice at dinner.  The first was a, "holy crap, I have to puke NOW" kind of episode.  The second was about 10 minutes later when SAL rejected a strawberry and I felt like I swallowed a sponge and just "had" to puke it up because it was stuck.  I'm pretty savvy to the whole Lap Band thing, but dang, sometimes I don't listen to my body and SAL makes sure to let me know that I've screwed up.  Never.take.the.band.for.granted.
  • I went to the counselor today.  Hopefully I'll learn some ways to deal with the self-image stuff that I've got going on.  Meanwhile, I bought more shapewear.  And MORE shapewear.  Sweet Jesus, my whole body is being compressed.
  • Got a teenie fill today (+.10), and I think I'm going to be in the green zone for a while.
  • Since Mr. X, I haven't been working out as much as I was before.  This must stop.  Mr. X cannot come before my own personal goals.  I suck at balancing. I'm not sure how to approach this.  Hmmm.
  • I decided on my 100 pounds lost reward.  As of this morning, I have 5 pounds to go.  I'm not rewarding myself with food...but I'm going to find my inner skank and buy something sexy.  Not sure what, but I'm going to make SURE that it is way out of my comfort zone.  BAM! (sorry dad).
  • Mr. X loves to compliment me.  I get totally embarrassed.  He recognizes this and tells me that he isn't going to stop saying it because it is true and that I need to hear it.  Aye.  Learn.to.accept.myself.
  • Pants are a loose size 18, probably ready for 16's within the next two weeks or so. I bought a size 14/16 shirt last week.  MOTHER OF PEARL.  I have no idea when I last fit into a 14/16, but it wasn't in the current millennium for sure.  
  • NSV's (non scale victories)
    • my butt doesn't take up the whole movie seat!  there's space on both sides!
    • I can join the movie club now because the t-shirt comes in my size
    • I threw away popcorn at the theater!!  
More later this week, but thought I would do a little update :)

8 comments:

  1. Great post- full of NSV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are too funny! Enjoy mr X!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be so proud of yourself!! You are doing so great, Mr. X sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 more poundS!!!!!! You are very very close Amy! Can't wait to hear about your reward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this post!! Enjoy the dating world with Mr. X,sounds like a nice guy. Make sure to take time for YOU tho and don't let a new relationship add extra poundage like I did. I love your 100 pound reward idea!! Amazing to be so close to 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH what it must be like to fit nicely in a theater seat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments on my blog lately!!!

    And I think the 100lb reward is perfect! Go get it girl!

    ReplyDelete