Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lab Results (vitamin levels)

Here are the blood tests I had from my primary care:
CBC (complete blood count)
Thyroid Panel (T3, T4 & TSH)
Iron + TIBC (not sure what the second thing is)
Folic Acid
B12
Vitamin D

The only issue was Vitamin D (I've been low before).  I'll have to talk to the Endo about the thyroid levels.  I think they're ok though.  Considering what I put my body through for the last 5 weeks (1 week pre-op diet, surgery & finally a staph infection, I'm happy.  I'm eating regular food (cautiously) and hoping that I'll get some energy back once I knock the staph.

I also met with the nutritionist today and had my food diaries printed out since surgery day.  He advised to watch the sodium, which I had noticed as well.  I think it goes hand in hand with my love for cheese.  He wants me eating 200 more calories a day, a total of 1000.  He said the caloric intake could also be responsible for the fatigue.  Eat more protein, protein, protein.  My goal is 60 a day but I'm usually in the upper 40's or 50's.  Planning my meals ahead of time will help me plan this better.

Man, a few hours in the sun (110 degrees today) has worn me out.  I carry water with me all the time, but I can only drink sooooo much.  I'm supposed to drink two more glasses of water a day since I'm on antibiotics, plus more because of the temperature, in addition to the minimum 64 oz.  That's a lot of water!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa ! even in Arizona - a vitamin deficiency??doesn't make me feel so bad ... off to fill my glass with water !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was D deficient about 6 months ago (it somehow is connected to the hypothyroidism). I'll probably end up with a prescription for it again (50,000 IUI, once a week). It is much cheaper to get the mega pills then to buy like 10 bottles of Vit D. :)

    ReplyDelete