Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

BYOC!!


Bring Your Own Crazy!

It’s Friday and time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy! A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. 

1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while? 

My first blog was at the end of June, 2011 (a few days before surgery).  I'll continue as long as I can.  No plans to stop anytime soon.

2.  What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?

I like to express my thoughts/concerns/victories, but I love reading about others' as well.  Sometimes reading about what others have been/are going through helps me to stop whining about my own struggles. I get PMS (poor me syndrome) too frequently.  Suck it up, Amy.

3.  What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?

Blogging has helped me to discuss Lap Band and other related issues in a private (yet public way).  My biggest surprise has been the amount of support that I get -- when I screw up, I know that someone will tell me they've screwed up, too.  We've all been through the scary times, the fun times, and I think we all wonder about the future.

4.  Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?

Yep - Kellibelliband!  We both had the same surgeon and we're about a month apart with our surgery dates. It's fun to know people that are a year out, 6 months out, 2 days out...etc.  In the next few months, I'm hoping to have a small group of bandsters over to my house for a get together.  

5.  Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?

My blog is like my brain...completely random.  It is mostly weight related stuff, I don't blog about my personal life too much.  Probably too boring!

6.  Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?

I'm public, and I don't wish I was anonymous, but really, either way is fine with me.

7.  What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?

Blog for yourself.  Blog what bothers you, blog what you're proud of, blog what scares you.
8.  Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?
A few family members and a few friends have the URL to my blog.  Let's see.....my mom & dad and four long time friends.  My dad is always on top of it and sometimes we talk about my blogs on the phone.  He is my #1 supporter.    Not sure about friends, but *hug* I know you read sometimes when you have time.  Some I told before my surgery, some after.  No rhyme or reason, I just didn't want people worrying about me or saying something about the surgery that might make me fly off the handle.  Once I had the surgery, I told them and they were all super supportive.


9.  Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?

I have a hard time keeping up on weeknights, so a lot of my blogs are on the weekends.  I've never viewed it as a chore - it helps me keep my sanity.
10.  Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?
Only people that I really trust know my blog address.  Others might know I have the band, but I don't choose to share my blog with them.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the band get together, how fun! Reminder is you have time and want to stop by Skateland in Chandler @130p for the boys party you are more than welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I am glad you blog!!! I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete