Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Green Green Green

Well, 6 days after my first fill, I must say that I have really noticed a difference.  I'm not sure how long I'll stay at this level of satiety, but from what I hear, this is good.  I no longer awaken like a crazed beast that needs food immediately.  As long as I eat at certain times, I don't have tummy growls or feel lightheaded.  

I try my best to have any carbs in the morning as recommended by the NUT.  I don't snack in between meals and I'm not constantly thinking about food.  I'm getting in my 1,000 cals/day and watching my sodium level.  Still fighting the energy level, but the Vitamin D level is going to take awhile to get back to where it needs to.  All in all, I can say that 6 weeks post-op, things are moving in the right direction.  

That's not to say that this is easy.  Each day is a struggle, but in different ways.  I lived on fast food before the band.  I haven't gone through a drive through since, and have no plans to.  In the end, there's no recognition, no gold star, except for the one I'll give myself.  I didn't do this to be skinny or pretty.  I did this to be healthy. I did this to feel better about myself.  

I did this to Find Me.  

Thanks for coming along for the ride.  Each one of you, friends, family & fellow bandsters, take the time to read and comment on my blog.  I really appreciate that!  Cheers to continued success, whatever that number may be.

9 comments:

  1. Going "green" takes on a whole new meaning! good for you... I hope I have the same experience once I get my first fill.

    p.s. why carbs in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the NUT says that carbs should be consumed in the morning so that they're not sitting in your tummy all day. He says the worst time to eat carbs is for dinner, because people usually aren't active much after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is TRUE! I had like maybe 1/2 cup total of carbs last night (don't judge me! lol) and this morning I was up 0.2 lbs. When I worked out yesterday like a beast. :)

    Great job on getting to the green zone! Keep rocking that band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Reading your posts inspire me for my upcoming surgery sept 15th. I know it won't be easy but what a great support network this is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Amy! I am excited for you, and I know it's not easy; you are not just loosing weight, you are changing your entire relationship to food. That is most definitely not easy. I haven't been successful at it, but you are giving me hope that I can be!

    Also, good to note on the carbs...makes since. I guess my after dinner popcorn snack is not the good choice I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poof !! My posts to you are not showing up ... anyway, I hope you're having a good week. When do you start back to work ? I'll have to check out that HG cookbook ... I do love her and wth - what's another cookbook ... lol !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was banded on July 27th, looking forward to following you!

    http://fatfishskinnysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete