Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My food is not hot.

My food is not hot.  My food is not warm.  My food is not cool.  MY FOOD IS COLD.  Why?  It took me forever to eat. I got some 85/15 ground beef (nurse pract said that's the best for lap banders because 93/7 is too dry).  I added some chipotle powder to and tossed it on the grill.  I salivated as I watched it cook.  I stared at it, mentally psyching myself up.  As it cooked, I made sure I had my cheese and ketchup ready.  As I smelled the grill, my breathing quickened.  I was excited.  The juices were sitting on top of the burger....and YUM....it looked delicious.  I applied my cheese and watched it slowly ooze to the side of the burger and grabbed it off at the moment of perfection.  It wasn't undercooked.  It wasn't overcooked.  It was perfect.  

The first few bites went down fine.  Man it was good.  And then....the feeling.  I was stuck.  I got the "fist up the back of my throat" feeling.  I paced the living room, wondering how I allowed this to happen again.  Walking and a few sips of warm water got it down.  I let things relax and finished the rest of the burger.  One. incredibly. small. bite. at. a. time.  Over an HOUR to eat a burger the size of a slider.  It was a frustrating experience, but worth it.  Even though it was stone cold, it was goooooood.

5 comments:

  1. OMG !! My next blog post was going to be about suggestions for transitioning to real food ! Good to hear that your nutritionist likes the 85/15 ... good to know. Also good to know that your burger was goooooood ! Slow, but good ;) I forget - have you gotten a fill yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I had my first fill last Wednesday (1 cc added to 4 cc's already in there). 5ccs in 10cc band. :) My favorite transition food was chicken. I just put some in the Magic Bullet and never had a problem with it. Add some tomato sauce and cheese for chicken parm, some bbq sauce, some hot sauce, etc. Lots of things to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you're eating real food now, right? What were some of your easiest transition food from mushie/magic bullet food to real food. Thanks !! I probably should sign up with fit day so I could just look this up, huh? Hope you had a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...from mushy to regular food. Really, what I did was mainly blend up the food less. Example, if I made chicken with tomato sauce, I just blended it for a quick second rather than beat the living heck out of it like I did on on mushies. I found the transition to be really easy. When I tried something new, I just had a tiny bit until I knew it would go down ok. I ate a lot of mashed potatoes when I was on mushy, so I started by just putting some moist chicken into the mashed potatoes. Yum. I miss my mashed potatoes! I get to have them for a day after fills though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Sorry to hear this. But at least you got to eat it at all! Many people aren't able to eat hamburger at all (we must be the lucky ones!).

    ReplyDelete