Following my fill on Wednesday, I broke out in a rash. It didn't itch until this morning when I noticed that it spread. It isn't an allergy to Lidocaine because I've had it plenty of times before. I went in to the weight loss center (three days in a row: fill appt, support group and then today!). The best the NP can figure is that it is a generalized allergy. She said the antibiotic I was on for the staph infection is notorious for causing rashes, but I finished that up on Monday. Go figure. Hopefully the steroids will knock this out.
On a positive note, I got my first substitute teaching job of the year. This is in a district that is far away, but I've subbed there before and loved it. Once you get a good rep, teachers will request you and you'll be busy. I'm hoping to get my name back out there after teaching in a classroom for the last year. The good thing about subbing is that no one will really notice my weight loss. I don't want a bunch of questions like I might have in a smaller workplace where people see me and are more likely to notice changes. I also don't have to buy as many outfits because I can wear them more frequently because I'll always be in a different school/classroom. :) :) This is going to come in handy soon because I'm almost down a size since pre-surgery, but not quite.
great news on the job front ! also, love the idea that you need fewer outfits ... that is exactly the way I think !! hope all works out well with the steroids - keep us posted !
ReplyDeleteHi Amy, thanks for the welcome! I look forward to being in contact with you. I just started a blogspot as well to help me through this journey. Its nice to hear from someone who is going through the same surgeon etc. maybe I can pick your brain. You are doing so well, keep up the good work!!!
ReplyDelete