Thanks for the nice notes you guys posted on yesterday's blog. They really made me smile!
I have a nice NSV (non scale victory) to share about today. It was my first day back to work (I'm substituting) and I had a nice comment made. I substituted at this school a lot at the end of the 09-10 school year, so some of the staff knew who I was. The secretary looked at me at the end of the day and said, "I didn't recognize you. You lost weight." She put her hands on the sides of her face, hinting that my face looked skinnier.
I was standing at a high counter, so she could only see from the chest up, but I was flabbergasted. I was amazed that she noticed. I mean...totally amazed. I've dropped 37 lbs since surgery and I guess it shows!! Today was also the first day since surgery that I wore dress pants from pre-surgery, six weeks ago. They were really loose! They hung lower and the waist had a big gap. I'm not going to be able to get away with this size for much longer. Eeeeek. That's a good eeeeeek though!!
Like I said yesterday, I don't expect a gold star from people, but DAMN, its nice when someone that I don't know well notices my weight loss. That makes every bit of surgery discomfort worth it. Every single freakin' bit.
Like I said yesterday, I don't expect a gold star from people, but DAMN, its nice when someone that I don't know well notices my weight loss. That makes every bit of surgery discomfort worth it. Every single freakin' bit.

Isnt it amazing how a simple comlpiment can mean sooo much! Bless you for your commitment to making your health and your life better. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteYippee! Keep it up and you will continue to hear those compliments for all of your hard work.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteI love it ~~ post a photo of those baggy clothes !
ReplyDelete