Today was the day. My Amazon.com order came in! I got Hungry Girl's book, 200 Under 200 (previewed at library and liked so many recipes that I had to buy it) and also a game for the Wii, "Walk it Out." I've kept to my promise that I won't buy any non-exercise games for my new "used" Wii. Only for exercise.
Walk It Out (WIO) seems pretty cool. You walk around a city and collect stuff, while keeping to a hip hop beat. Rather than write out my review, which won't be nearly as good as these, I'll give you a few links. This is a good way to start exercising. I'm just too out of shape and uncoordinated for a lot of the Wii Fit stuff. The little Wii girl hangs her head daily and tells me I have no balance.
The only time she told me that I did a good job was when I sat on the balance board (yes, I actually was able to do it but looked ridiculous!) and stared at a candle to "meditate" and sit still. I've perfected the sitting part, Wii Nazi Woman, that's why I'm so fat. Screw her. I can walk without getting any pretend avatars upset. :P
Description/Info From Company
You Tube Video Review - pretty cool! - you HAVE to watch 4:00 - made me laugh outloud.
That's all for today. I'm up waaaaaaaay past my bedtime.

I love the Wii fit for Zumba! I sweat my arse off. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeletegood for you! the Wii game actually sounds fun..i will check out your link. Let us know which recipes you like from HG. I have only tried a couple of them.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try the WIO. :) And Wii Zumba!
ReplyDeleteWalk it Out is $19 on Amazon.com...best deal I found. If you spend $25, the shipping is free.
ReplyDeleteHi Amy. I'm a new follower. I was banded a week from today. I look forward to following along on your journey! P.S. I love Wii!!
ReplyDeleteThat little Wii girl is a bitch. I couldn't take it, but the walking thing sounds cool (not that I have a Wii...my old roommate did).
ReplyDelete