I found some interesting things at Whole Foods. First, I was trying to find some sort of cracker/chip that would satisfy my crunchy craving that was a bit more healthy than my Pop Chips obsession. I love BBQ flavored Pop Chips, but there is no nutritional value and tons of salt & carbs. If you eat the whole bag (who?me? nevah!), there's even more.
Find # 1: Near Satan's Pop Chips, I found Soy Crispettes (BBQ flavor). Made by Whole Foods.
A serving is 19 crispettes and it has 7 grams of PROTEIN. Wow! Sodium is reasonable, 16 carbs (not great, but decent). If I'm going to eat something devoid of nutition, at least there's 7g of protein! Not an everyday food, but good for a craving. Read about it here: BBQ SOY
Find #2: I can't believe I'm admitting that I bought this. It sounds so horrible and the packaging doesn't help. Tofu noodles packaged in water in a clear bag. Ewwww. I only bought it because I heard Hungry Girl use them as a substitute for noodles and I'll at least *try* it. I'm going to try some mixed with milk and lowfat cheese (maybe laughing cow triangles) in a desperate attempt to satisfy my mac n cheese addiction. It is called Tofu Shirataki. Read more about it here: TOFU NOODLES
Find #3: Vitamin D pills (5,000 IU). According to my blood test a few weeks ago, I'm low yet again. So, rather than go back to the doctor so she can write a prescription for a single pill that is 50,000 IU to be taken weekly, I just take 10 of these tiny softgels. This saves me a trip to the doc and another copay. I'll do the high dose for 8 weeks and then go in to see if it is back to where it needs to be. Then I can go back to maintenance. I think the level is low again because of surgery and all of the weird stuff I've put my body through in the last 6 weeks.


Thanks for sharing your food finds and being so specific about what you bought. I am one of those people who always have a hard time finding things. Definitely post on the noddles !
ReplyDeleteCool....wish we had a Whole Foods even remotely close by.
ReplyDeleteLet us know how the noodles turn out!
ReplyDelete