Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Boring Update

Alrighty.  I promise more interesting info tomorrow...but for now...

Got a .5cc fill this morning before work.  Managed to follow the "liquids only" until the 4pm staff meeting with tortilla chips and nacho cheese.  DANG!  I only ate a few, but I just couldn't help it.  The world didn't collapse, but I know better than that.  Post fill instructions are a day of liquids and a day of mushies.  Tortilla chips are not liquids, Amy.  My fill was just in time...the other day I polished off an entire bag of microwave popcorn.  Uh....hello, Amy.....let's try a SERVING SIZE....and that isn't the whole bag!

No weight change this week.  Actually, I'm not surprised.  Halloween brought temptations (parties) and foods that I shouldn't have chosen, but the past is the past.  So are those cocktail weenies in croissants!  There were seriously 150 of them on a platter and they all called my name. I'm just happy to write "no change" for this week instead of "I gained for the first time."  I know that day will come....but just not today :P

Work Story:  of course (thanks to the puking episode), my coworkers know that I have a Lap Band.  Today my coworker was sitting next to me during a staff meeting.  She had chips with salsa and I had the evil chips and nacho cheese.  She looked over and said, "You don't like salsa?"  I told her that I just liked cheese more.  She said, "Doesn't salsa have fewer calories?"  Dear LORD.  I had to restrain myself.  I wanted to rip her head off.  I'm still so super sensitive about comments like that.

So....still 64 pounds down...and I'm okay with that.  Have a good weekend, all.  :)

5 comments:

  1. She was probably really just curious, not trying to be hurtful. Try not to take it personally when people say things like that... it's literally easier for women who aren't/have never been overweight to say, "This is less calories, let's eat it!" than someone like us who had to have WLS. They don't think about the fact that most of us have a food addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must of been in the office just before me, I had an 830 appt. No gain during a time like Halloween is a definate success. You are doing great! Remember "Life is a journey, not a destination". we need to enjoy our favorite foods, including nacho cheese once in awhile! I was able to forgo the Halloween candy, cupcakes but I said "hell yes" to my sister's homemade peanut butter cookies!!! See you at group so the psych can work on our psychie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't STAND it when people who make statements in the form of a question. UGH! Maybe Ronnie is right in that she was trying to be helpful, but it's NOT helpful. We know what is "healthier." Sometimes we want what we want. No one eats perfect 24/7 or makes the "best" choice at all times. It's about balance, not perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She totally didn't mean it that way - she's really a nice person. She's a health nut and runs marathons frequently, so I think she was trying to be helpful, but gosh, it is really hard to brush those comments off. I allow myself favorite things in moderation (the ones that I am still able to eat), but I knew better than to eat solids right after a fill. Tisk tisk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sign onto your blog and see '64 lbs loss' and then I read - I'll be more interesting tomorrow ... I'd say loosing 64 lbs IS VERY interesting ! :) You're doing great !

    ReplyDelete