Ok, I'll make this short and sweet!
1) I have a cold and some drainage down the back of my throat. Today I was sliming for a long time, I couldn't drink water, keep the papaya enzymes down, etc. I had to keep a cup nearby and keep spitting up in it. WTH? Totally not normal. Sorry for the details, but surely someone has had this happen? Can a cold "plug" up the band?! Is SAL pissed off at me or something?
2) Has anyone taken Niacin (the prescription strength) to help lower cholesterol? My last labs showed some improvements but still trying to figure out how to get the dang HDL up. Just curious.
3) What in the flying flamingo am I going to do about my pants? The extra tummy skin makes me a 24, but my arse is a 22 and maybe a 20. They fit around the waist but the butt is all saggy. What do you guys do about the un-even-ness of weight loss? So far I've lost in my face, boobs, and butt...but the belly is my issue and pants don't fit right! HELP!!

Def not a pro but the NP at true results put me on allergy meds because my drainage was putting me in the red zone.
ReplyDeleteAll my pants have granny ass so I can't help u there!
Hope u feel better soon!!!!
1.) Try sipping some warm tea or coffee first thing in the morning to break up the 'plug' that can form overnight when mucus is leaking into your throat at night.
ReplyDelete2.) Nope, sorry!
3.) At some places, they have different body type pants, I take advantage of those... usually ends up working pretty well. :)
I agree with Elizabeth about the drainage from being sick being able to cause you to feel stuck a lot - it hasn't happened to me, but happened to someone who was banded around the same time as I was and she ended up with a slipped band due to throwing up so much so make sure you take care of that soon (not trying to scare you but figured you would want to know).
ReplyDeleteI can't help you with #2 cause I was blessed with good cholesterol.
As far as pants go, I tried to find pants that were shaped like me (seriously pear shaped) but in the end I just buy pants that are close and have them tailored to fit. It's a major pain but the pants fit well (that said, due to the extra cost I tend to only have 1 pair of jeans and a couple pairs of dress pants for each size because I don't want to spend the money only to shrink out of them in a month or so).
I don't have bad allergies or drainage, but at my support group meeting they were saying to take a cold or allergy pill at night before you go to sleep and it won't be as mad in the morning. Hot tea helps and I've also heard pineapple juice helps. I don't know about #2, #3 unfortunately you just have to keep trying on different pants that work for you. I know Lane Bryant has different shapes. I have the opposite problem, it just takes some work, but you can find some that fit!
ReplyDeleteI can't help with 1 or 2, but I have the same problem with 3. I have a very big belly compared to my butt and legs. I have found the red triangle shape pants at Lane Bryant, Catherine's, Fashion Bug fit me best.
ReplyDeleteHow's the sinus/drainage issue going? Hang in there...
ReplyDelete