Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Unfill and something really cool....

Last night was the support group at TR.  I was talking about the fact that I'm no longer to eat any solids for breakfast, only a shake (I really dislike shakes, no matter the taste).  I was having difficulty eating at work - after the second bite, my chest was really tight.  I don't want to only eat mushy things---not cool.  Urping up slime is not my idea of healthy weight loss.  Our patient advocate suggested getting an unfill.  I woke up this morning and decided to go in to get some saline removed.  I wanted it to be snug, but felt like it was tight.  I love the fact that I don't have to pay for any appointments for a whole year.  No reason to be uncomfortable when a solution is so easy.


Here's the cool part.  We discussed how much saline I wanted removed and agreed on 1/4cc.  I watched the NP do the unfill.  She explained that she hits the port, then doesn't pull up on the syringe, she wants to see if the band pushes out some extra.  And voila - we watched as 1/4cc flowed up into the syringe.  She didn't pull the plunger (is that what it is called?!) at all.  So there was the answer - I had 1/4cc too much.  If I don't feel like I can eat "normal" food by Friday, I'll go back in and get another 1/4 removed, but chances are, this is my perfect amount.  I just thought I'd share that - I though it was really interesting.


On the way home, I picked up a few books at the library (diet and health related).  I'm currently reading, "Vitamin D for Dummies."  I'll post some reviews in a few days.


Happy Veteran's Day! 

8 comments:

  1. I hope the unfill works out for you. Have you tried Unjury protein powder? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 0.5cc unfill has been working pretty well. Who would have thought such a small amount would be so meaningful? Have you tried Costco Premier Nutrition choc shake - 160 cals and 30 grams of protein ! I think they taste great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that u got the unfit. I am debating if I am too tight myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you decided on the unfill my friend, I was really worried about you last night. Hope it is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kelli - haha..I saw C at TR and she was all proud that I took her advice and got some taken out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got the unfill. Hope it will be just perfect for you! I'm interested to hear about the Vitamin D for dummies! I'm deficient in Vitamin D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto to what lucy said - I drink unjury unflavored protein powder in a bottle of water with 1 packet crystal light on the go - VERY doable!!

    ReplyDelete