Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Brave Food Warrior

I don't really care for eggs.  I've had them plenty of times in my life (mom made that horrid breakfast casserole a few too many times on Christmas morning).  I know that eggs are a good source of protein, which I really need to work on....so I made eggs for dinner!  Never, EVER in my life have I made eggs. 

I bought the liquid egg substitute (which are only egg whites, if I understand correctly).  Here is the recipe that I made up using lots of things I like (in moderation) and mixed 'em with the eggs, which I obviously didn't want to eat.

1/2 C Liquid egg whites
1/3 C Turkey sausage
1/2 T Bacon Pieces
2 T Salsa
1 Piece of Velveeta cheese
Dash of Cayenne pepper
Yield = 1 Cup  (two servings for me)

I combined everything in my Magic Bullet.  It looked terrible before I cooked it and it looked terrible when it was done.  However, it was good.  Only 185 calories.  <patting self on back>  Next time I can cut back on the turkey sausage and bacon and slip in some mystery meat.  I bet I could switch to Laughing Cow Queso Fresco instead of Velveeta, too.
I'm proud of myself for trying a food that I have disliked for years.  Go ME!
Looks scary.

2 comments:

  1. i love eggs. egg substitute omelette... with a handful of spinach, slivered garlic and a diced tomato. nonstick pan. make often with 3 eggs and on low enuff heat it poofs right up big enuff that Dan and I share. Its about 245 calories per. GOOD FOR YOU FOR TRYING SOMETHING NEW AGAIN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm .... I wonder if the comments I made while at my parents didn't post because I specifically said about this post - looks good to me, my friend !! And that 30 lb drop ... way to go !!

    ReplyDelete