Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tomorrow Marks Two Weeks Since Banding!

It's hard to believe that three weeks ago today, I started the liquid diet.  Seven days of only protein shakes just about killed me, but I did it.  I managed to lose 16 pounds prior to my surgery.  Since surgery day, I've lost another 9 pounds.  I know that this weight loss pattern will not continue at the present rate, but it is nice to look at myself and know that I'm 25 pounds lighter today.  I'm curious to see how my weight changes because I'm due for my period in another week.  I'm trying not to weigh myself daily, maybe every other day or so.  

I had a support group at the weight loss center tonight.  It was small (5 people), but really helpful to sit with people who knew exactly how I was feeling.  I'm going to make sure that I attend the monthly meetings for sure.

Still dealing with hunger feelings, but I'm recording anything I eat and how long until I feel hungry again.  Oh yeah, also, I had my first fruit since surgery.  Two strawberries, cut into tiny pieces.  It took me a half an hour to eat them.  LOL.  Still haven't added any veggies yet.  Kinda dreading that.

3 comments:

  1. I ate grilled bell peppers for the first time yesterday and it was no problem, but I really haven't had any problems with anything I have tried so far. I am craving a grilled cheese sandwich something fierce but I am afraid to try bread just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about melted cheese on crackers? It sure isn't grilled cheese (one of my favorites), but I wonder if crackers are less risky since they're crunchier? I bought a box of whole wheat crackers today, but I'm a weenie and won't try them for another week or so. A lady at my support group was saying that she threw up after a single Triscuit cracker. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two strawberries = 30 mins. Wow, you have some patience. I am now starting to get nervous (surgery is Thr). But back to you - wow, 25 lbs down - that is awesome !

    ReplyDelete