Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

No Pasta Lasagna

Oh yum! I just had to share my first "cooking" experience since getting the band. I'm on day 3 of mushies. First, I have few cooking skills. I've lived on fast food and frozen dinners for much of my life.  This was my masterpiece for one:

-2 Tablespoons plain tomato sauce (with whatever spices you like...I used garlic and basil)
-1 Tablespoon of low fat ricotta cheese
-1 teaspoon of skim milk
-1/2 teaspoon low fat parm cheese sprinkles
1 teaspoon ground turkey sausage crumbles (Jimmy Dean, precooked)
-1 glass 1 Cup custard cup
-1/2 low fat string mozzarella cheese, pulled apart

First I mixed the milk, parm and ricotta with a fork. I covered the bottom with sauce, then layered the cheese and sauce. The sausage crumbles were precooked, so I just took a teaspoon out of the bag and ground it up further in my Magic Bullet. The sausage went on top, then the string cheese. Since it was in a glass custard cup, I could put it in the oven. 375 for about 8 minutes. Oh yum. Totally simple, but really hit the spot.


Because I used my own homemade tomato sauce, there were no lumps. The string cheese didn't melt particularly well on top, but I stirred this altogether and it was great. I didn't have to chew a whole bunch (I'm still pretty tired and lazy) and the yield was 1/2 cup, which was perfect. I used just a touch of sausage because I hadn't had any meat up to this point and really just wanted some flavoring. It was enough to really fool my mouth into thinking it was really lasagna!! YUMMMM. The was really my *first* real food and my *first* meat, even though it was only a teaspoon. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment