Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Post -Op - What can I eat?

For the first 48 hours, I only had water and fruit juice.
For days 3-7, I can have small amounts of protein shakes, water, juice, jello (I made 7 flavors), sugar free popsicles.  Honestly, that's all I want anyway.  :)
I will gradually work up to mushy food like mashes potatoes and pureed stuff like fruit cocktail.   Long term, in about a month, I'll be able to eat food with more texture. 

What has changed about my eating?
-SMALL portions (3-4 oz, three times a day),
-SMALL bites (I have to chew like crazy and nothing over the size of a dime
-NO water 1 hour before eating, while eating, or 1 hour after eating.  The area above the band is small, so it needs to be filled with healthy food, not space taken up by water.

No comments:

Post a Comment