Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Protein!

My daily goal is 60g of protein.  Unfortunately, I've never met this post-op.  Today I got pretty close - 54 grams.  I'm doing a happy dance.  I know that protein is very important (especially since it helps with energy level).  I had three good meals today and even a dessert after dinner: cherry Jell-o with 4 chopped strawberries.  I'm just happy to have a day without protein powder!  That stuff is wretched! 

I discovered Laughing Cow cheese.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I'm a cheese-a-holic, and that stuff is good.  It isn't Velveeta, but it is nice and creamy. I tried Queso Fresco & Chipotle first :) Gotta watch out though, high in sodium.  Each little wedge has 35 calories.  I think I'll use it for my lunches (2 oz of deli ham+1 wedge = a good choice).   It was my dinner tonight - I spread the cheese on my ham slices and rolled it up.  I was going to be over my carbs if I had too many crackers, so I only got to have 8.5 crackers.  I found some imitation Wheat Thins that don't taste too good, so I won't overeat.  :)  I miss my crunchy crackers a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment