Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Food Roulette

Today at the grocery store I bought veggie soy crumbles. Ugh.  I'm sure my face did not look pleased as I placed the package into my cart.  I'm going to make some taco meat next week and sneak in a tiny amount of the soy crumbles.  Bleh - but I have to do it.  I'll just mix a little in and hope I don't notice.  I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I have anxiety just thinking about it.

I also purchased a rotisserie chicken and ripped it all to heck.  Lunch was my infamous salsa-cheese-chicken puree.  And dinner......was BBQ chicken!  I can have more texture in my diet now (cautiously, of course).  I made my own BBQ sauce (Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Cookbook), mixed it all together, and voila.  1/2 Cup of Heaven.  I didn't puree it, just shredded it and made sure to chew well.  I put one serving in the fridge and the other two servings in the freezer.  I'm not even hungry for dessert (not much of a dessert person to begin with)...but I have watermelon and strawberry all ready if I find some room later.   A medium strawberry has 8 calories, just in case you were wondering.  <wink>

One thing I've learned from the forums and talking to people is that every day is different.  Today the BBQ chicken went down fine.  Tomorrow I might get sick and throw it up.  It might be because I didn't chew enough and it got stuck, it might be because I ate too fast, or it might be because I ate too much without realizing until it was too late.  Regardless, I know this will happen someday.  I just hope it isn't today.   I have a zero vomiting record since pre-surgery.

1 comment:

  1. zero vomiting is good ! While it doesn't make sense to me, my nutritionist said that spices 'should' be ok with the band so I suggest spices for the soy crumbles and simply pretend that it's meat :)

    ReplyDelete