Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Me? READ?

I picked up a few books from the library today.  Most of the books were just to get some recipe ideas for the cooking-ability-challenged, but one is actually a book to "read."  I don't like to read.  I know.  A teacher that doesn't like to read.  But it's true.  (and I just started that last "sentence" with but).  I made a new rule.  There are no grammar rules for blogging.

My current read:  SKINNY BITCH by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin
"A no-nonsense tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous."  

So far it seems pretty good.  I just finished reading a part that compares sugar, chocolate and cheese to alcohol, cocaine, heroin and nicotine.  I wish I could find my dopamine fix with broccoli or tofu.  But I don't.  The authors say, "The trick is resetting our memory tracts to feel pleasure from healthy food, and no pleasure from junk food."  

And I walk on...filled with more knowledge, but few spots in my brain to absorb it.  So much to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I have and read this book but for the life of me - can't remember a darn thing about it (I think there were things in it that grossed me out but I don't recall what !)

    ReplyDelete