Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Changes, changes

All of my steri strips are off now and I can see my four incisions.  The port incision is the largest one, then the one under my right breast, then two tiny ones (a couple of mm each).  I still have some tenderness at the port area, but the other ones seem fine.  I still keep looking down and trying to believe that I really did it.

The mushy food stage (day 6 of 14) is going well.  I'm working in some more lumpy things.  Today I named my lunch "Mexican Casserole."  It was an ounce of pureed chicken, 1 T of salsa, 1 T of low fat cheddar cheese and 2 T of milk.  When it was all blended up, it looked like cat food. 
It tasted good, though. Ha.  It made 1/3 C and I ate it all. I forgot to put protein powder in it, but I'm having it for dinner, too, so I'll add some then.
As a side note, many of you know that I'm a painfully picky eater (particularly veggies).  Today I went to the grocery store and bought a whole bunch of spices.  As I walked by the produce section, I noticed they had melba toast and chipotle hummus.  I'm scared to death to try new foods, but I took a deep breath, dipped the cracker in a bit of the hummus, and ate it.  Yes, there was hardly any on the cracker, but I did it.  That was also my first grain since surgery.  I ate it slowly but it went down ok.  Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. You're right - looks gross but sounds good ! I think it's the pureeing (sp?). I love hummus and too bad that I love crackers too ... which is how I got to this place :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, your blog is making me hungry, lol. I know you are dreading the veggies, but could you try the hummus with the veggies (like a dip)?

    ReplyDelete